View Single Post
Old 02-16-24, 01:26 PM
jPrichard10 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I'm also never been crazy about those Cinelli 64's! On my Treks I like more modern compact bars, even without indexed shifting. I agree with Jah Heine that the more open curves of his rando and Maes bars are more comfortable, but modern compacts usually have a tight bend up near the tops and a large radius bend sweeping down through the hooks to flat drops. I have one bike with a 3T set (I think Aeronova?) in aluminum, and even on a pretty racy road bike it makes for a comfortable 50-mile ride. Latex tubulars did't hurt!

On that Cinelli the tops slope down, as in your picture, and without a tall Technomic I was bent down too much. With the Aeronova my hands were raised another few centimeters, and I also put it on a shorter stem.

If you can get the Nitto compact with a more uniform bend, something like the old Short and Shallow, you might like it.
I just installed Cinelli 64s and I agree. I normally switch back and forth from ramps to drops, but the ramps on these feel way too steep. Curious why Trek specced these on so many models.

​​​​​