View Single Post
Old 02-17-24, 10:04 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10529 Post(s)
Liked 12,105 Times in 6,195 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Last time I mentioned Taylor Swift here I got banned, but I’ll try again, because people are unaware.

Celebrities, actors, and musicians have long been controlled by 3 letter agencies to sway public opinion. With the internet and the “democratization of media” it’s way easier for a random to blow up and get a following. It used to be gatekept by the record agencies and kingmakers, but now a Fortnite streamer can have a bigger following than a titan of the entertainment industry.

naturally, this is unsettling for those who seek to control the media sphere and influence public opinion. The days of Prince, Evis, or other cultural icons being important to large swaths of the public are over. The promotion of Taylor Swift across so many media platforms is a last ditch effort by the media moguls to artificially inflate her popularity. She’s one of the last big names still out there making music, and I won’t get into her history but it’s a deep dive. She’s controlled, and used to influence public opinion.

Also for anyone listening to reports about Q-anon adjacent conspiracy theories regarding Swift helping Biden, it’s a complete lie. Nobody is suggesting that, and the media is clamoring around a fake story to stoke division and increase Taylor’s popularity.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: