View Single Post
Old 02-20-24, 02:00 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7050 Post(s)
Liked 11,102 Times in 4,741 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
Hard to find hard evidence on the following, but really, take it or leave it.
If a person gradually goes from a very low income to an upper middle income level, the stress/health likely will adapt resulting in little to no real major positive changes. The debt number increases as the budget slowly grows, the worries stack on with as you burden yourself with more responsibilities (go from renting to college debt & mortgage) & added liabilities (go from just having a pet to adding in kids & companionship).
Now if you suddenly go from lower income to an immediate upper middle income level (lets say in under six months time) then that might skip a lot of the in-between things that would have absorbed the growth in a slower rate & propped the person up to pursue & actually accomplish goals/dreams.
People with kids or just being with a companion might say, "I wouldnt give up where I am now, & I'll do anything for them"
You probably planned for that & set it as a dream to accomplish.
If not... well, you shouldn't ever give up on the responsibilities & liabilities that you've put yourself in.
You're just offering your guesses -- basically, making stuff up. I hope you realize that plenty of serious, well-educated people have studied (and continue to study) these phenomena empirically.
Likes For Koyote: