View Single Post
Old 02-22-24, 07:57 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,686 Times in 830 Posts
I'm in my 32nd year of commuting. Nine miles each way for 28 years; now six miles each way. I bike in my bike clothes and carry my office clothes in a large back pack. I shave at home in the morning. I keep office shoes at the office, and on occasion will bring dress shoes when needed. I also keep toiletries, plus spare socks, undies, and a couple of clean shirts. I've been thinking of keeping a pair of spare pants as well. I have a small, 3-foot wide wardrobe at work.

It's dry and high here in Colorado Springs so even summer mornings are cool, so sweating is kept to a minimum, but even when I do work up a sweat, a quick bird-bath and changing into clean clothes really helps. As long as I shower daily and put on some cologne and deodorant at work I'm okay. Sometimes I'll shower in the morning before my ride in. But usually I shower after returning home.

I've never had to wear a suit for work, but I suppose one of those wardobe/pannier things would work. The kind that drape over the back rack.

My last job was more casual, but the new job is a office casual, but at 62 years old, I feel I need to dress a little better.

I think starting the workday fresh would be more difficult in a humid climate, but not impossible.
Likes For BobbyG: