View Single Post
Old 02-22-24, 10:32 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 353 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
They are a hazard and do pose danger, to themselves and others. There are clear demarkations in the bike lane showing an arrow going in the opposite direction for them and you can see traffic not going in their direction. If they cannot understand a simple and basic road marker they shouldn't be on the road. I already have to play some dodgem with selfish people in cars I shouldn't need to do it with selfish people on bikes. You have an entire bike lane for your direction of traffic with the same set up as the side I am riding on there is simply no need to be on my small little sliver of bike lane that I still have to sometimes deal with cars in (usually buses but some people do use it to just sit in their car or drop off packages when they have two other cars lanes.
dodging bikes is super easy. In big European cities where biking is really common, intersections have bikes coming at each other from all directions. Same in some of the disorganized densely populated cities in poorer countries, but those are motorbikes