Old 02-24-24, 08:05 AM
Rick

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 410 Times in 281 Posts
Lack of a decent drop bar shifter is what stops me from using a Rohloff. Have they released bar a end shifter for it yet? I'd be interested in using it if these are available now. Twist shifters are not for me.
I bought my Rohloff equipped bicycle in 2013. I played with the shifter position on drop bars There are several places you can mount that grip shifter. I currently have the left handed Rohloff shifter on The KOGA Denham Bar. The grip shifter allows you to shift through multiple gears at one time. I like the grip shift. The Rohloff with the belt is the best and I will probably never go back to the derailleur setup. Pinion recently came out with a Smart Shift 12 speed version. This is an electronic Shift and TRP makes a brifter set up for it. The 12 speed Pinion has 600 percent range. Tourist in MSN has ridden many miles with his Rohloff setup and I have to agree with him. The Rohloff is a very good setup as it is. It matters not to them if you don't like their grip shifter. It is the work of an engineering genius. Rohloff has sold more than 60,000 of their hubs in a year. and near 30 percent of world travelers use the Rohloff hub.