Old 02-25-24, 03:32 AM
Ryan_M

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by mpetry912
that is Spoke Service dot CA using the Wheel Fanatyk V2 tensiometer with the digital readout to USB

Not sure if your unit will output a measurement that can be read via USB.

/markp
Thanks! I'll look into that at some point but I ended up writing my own thing in Excel. It's obviouly not as polished and looks romper roomish but I like being able to manipulate the data. This is what I'm looking at.

FBinNY I'd like to hear your feedback on this - so far. I saw you mentioned in another thread about maintaining length, this is only my third wheel set build and I'm pretty sure I did that in past builds but regardless did it this time, counting turns. It gave me some sporadic tensions but the wheel looked reasonable for a starting point, I doubt the rim has any give to it so that may amplify the tension differences. Just to see what would happen I started going only by numbers, trying to smooth out the tensions. FWIW this is the front wheel with asymetric carbon rims that feels stiff AF. I wanted to get things semi in order before tensionsioning more. The radial true isn't horrible at ~0.6mm. Lateral true is trash at probably 1.5mm but that I will address later. Spoke tension deviation is 11% on the right and 18% on the left. not good, but at least it's not erratic. I thought that was under control enough to start approaching final tension.

I know this isn't how you build wheels but I'd still like to hear your opinion. Thanks!