View Single Post
Old 02-25-24, 09:56 AM
JW Fas
Cop Magnet

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 128 Posts
Bowman called 911. According to records from American Fork police, the responding officer found no one was injured and no evidence that the bicycle and truck collided.

Per the report, the driver, identified as a 55-year-old American Fork man, got into a heated argument with the Bowman and admitted to shoving him.

The officer cited the driver for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor. Court records show the driver paid a $160 fine.

Bowman questions why the driver wasn’t charged with assault. He described the experience as “terrifying,” especially considering the difference between a road bike and a “massive lifted truck.”
I'm surprised the police did anything, let alone issued a citation. My guess as to why the motorist wasn't charged with assault was because the incident was one guy's word against another, and without better evidence an assault charge wouldn't stick. This is the point where I play my broken record and stress the importance of riding with a helmet camera.

If you are going to carry pepper spray, go with the gel instead (if it's legal to buy in your location). The atomized spray can blow back depending on the wind direction.
Likes For JW Fas: