View Single Post
Old 02-26-24, 09:27 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4518 Post(s)
Liked 4,215 Times in 2,822 Posts
If you are looking for a long term frame, get a custom ti frame. You can get it built to your specs and what you want. If you want future proofing that will probably be the best way to get the sense of that. I would potentially look for a 44mm head tube so you have options for headsets a T47 for plenty of space for larger spindles or bigger bearings and space for wider tires than you are planning now. Back 8 years ago I would have said narrower tires are great now I am trying to max out my tires pretty much. Look at current trends and try your best to plan around that get something that will maybe be less aggressive and more comfortable in the long term. Plan for the future, I wish I had that on most of my bikes now. I have one bike that I set up kind of like that and it has been great.