View Single Post
Old 02-27-24, 07:00 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
On to the Community Path Extension: I didn't take many photos, mostly just registered the number of times I shifted gears (many, many), along with the technical environment of the trail (somewhat demanding, narrower than the Minuteman, with steeper grades than railtrail users are used to). The skill level of the various trail users seemed relatively high. It will be interesting to see how that evolves as the Spring weather brings out additional users. To cut to the chase, here's one of the few photos from today' ride, a view down the biggest descent, from the high point. This is roller-coaster stuff.
I like that aspect of the Extension: Hills! Turns! A nice occasional change from the Minuteman, in addition to the urban scenery.
BTW: I am sure you have noticed the crossing, I think at School St, where the curb cut is misaligned with the bike path. If you went straight you would crash into or off of the curb. You have to making a sharp zig-zag to avoid disaster. What's up with that? There were bollards indicating the hazard the last time I went through there (early January), but that's an accident waiting to happen.

Tom
Likes For bike_tom: