View Single Post
Old 02-28-24, 01:50 PM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked 2,074 Times in 590 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Beautiful. Mammoth Mountain and the Minarets, from where did you take that shot?

I recognize the Minarets from an October hike I did on the Minarets Vista Trail:
On Benton Crossing Road very near to Watterson Divide. If you've done the Mammoth Gran Fondo, it's the hill just before you descend down into the Long Valley and back to Mammoth. It's probably my favorite place for pix because it gives you some space away from the Sierra, and from there, you can get a telephoto perspective. It also gets some great photo weather. Behind you are the White Mountains. In the morning, they often have clouds nearby and the rising sun shining through those clouds can make for some beautiful shadowing. Ditto taking pictures from the Long Valley looking west at sundown. The clouds over the Sierra cast shadows on the whites that can be quite beautiful. Check this one out. This is looking in the other direction.

There are only a few days in each lunar cycle where you can get a pix of the moon in a landscape without a wildly impossible exposure.

Originally Posted by rsbob
You take the most amazing pictures. Obviously not an iPhone.
Thanks! The equipment I use is really nothing special, though. Mostly, just very good pocket cameras. It is amazing how well they can do, especially with the kind of subject matter you get in the Eastern Sierra. I really think it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Last edited by Biker395; 02-28-24 at 02:02 PM.
Likes For Biker395: