View Single Post
Old 02-29-24, 06:40 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3218 Post(s)
Liked 1,763 Times in 1,063 Posts
I *highly* recommend the Park inflator as it was the single, greatest improvement in my tubeless cycling life.

I tried blow tips, Prestacycle inflator, and schraeder adaptors, but all are utter garbage compared to the efficacy, ergonomics, and ease-of-use of the Park Tool inflator.

I k ow it costs a grip, but man, it makes doing what needs done a breeze.

Regarding the Arundel inflator, it looks pretty decent (particularly in being rigid unit and not with a hosed portion), but has a couple of apparent shortcomings: 1) the flow lever is on the upper side, so when depressing it, you’re pushing away from the valve, potentially compromising the connection and requiring the extra effort of balancing opposing forces, and 2) the head does not swivel, restricting use angles (because the guage wouldn’t be visible), which may seem like a small deal, but would be a frustration given my daily inflation uses.