View Single Post
Old 03-03-24, 04:15 AM
Gary Fountain

Bikes: Colnago (82, 85, 89, 90, 91, 96, 03), 85 Cinelli, 90 Rossin, 83 Alan, 82 Bianchi, 78 Fountain, 2 x Pinarello, Malvern Star (37), Hillman (70's), 80's Beretto Lo-Pro Track, 80's Kenevans Lo-Pro, Columbus Max (95), DeGrandi (80's) Track.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 127 Posts
In the Mid 1980's, three Cinelli Supercorsa frames came into my local bikeshop and all my size. My favourite was red, followed by a white frame then a blue frame (shown here). Really, I fell in love with all three. I pressed my nose up against the bikeshop window most nights, after hours and just admired them. One by one they left the shop. I found out later that the red frame was stolen during a store break-in. The other two went to their new owners.

A year passed and I never forgot the frames as I wanted one, any one so much but my financial position wouldn't even allow me to enter the store and actually touch one of the frames. Then, wow, the blue frame turned-up again in the store. The blue frame had passed through two owners but had never been built-up. It was now a little cheaper and I made-up my mind that it wasn't going to get away again. I bought it.

This was going to be my 'forever bike' and the components I chose to fit to it were my idea of perfection. Here it is:

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to my future grave digger, "Sorry mate, but I just couldn't bare to be separated from my bike."

Last edited by Gary Fountain; 03-03-24 at 04:19 AM.
Likes For Gary Fountain: