View Single Post
Old 03-06-24, 02:47 AM
Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 132 Posts
It seems to me what the pro road industry is currently trending towards lessing Air resistance, not only the bike but the rider and what they wear head to toe. Anything to reduce wind resistance as I believe that is a bigger factor in speed increases than just weight. Weight in numbers is an easy thing to fixate on since anyone can weigh their bikes, parts and themselves. Wind resistance is difficult to translate into relatable terms, or to see tangible benefits. There's power meters/metrics for the riders relative strength, but there's no on the bike real time wind resistance meters that tells the riders what a drag their frame, clothing or positioning is. Plus the apparent friction that can't be measured in any way, all the seemingly conflicting ideas within oneself. "I can, no I can't ... I'm fast, no I'm slow ..... I'm this, no I'm that"..... effing three ring circus of monkey mind nonsense !

If I was a paid pro I can understand pursuing that, but I'm not, so I don't. With nothing to gain or lose there is a certain for lack of a better term, "liberation" no matter what appears as happening.