Old 03-07-24, 02:49 AM
samonzeweb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Road oriented tire and resistant

Hi,

On my Origin Trail I bought last fall I have 40mm tubeless "Schwalbe G-One RS" tires. Those seems great as they are light, easy to mount and have a really good efficiency. As I'm a new member I can't post an URL toward the product, sorry (forum anti-spam rule).

But I had two punctures in a short time range, one very small and other more severe. Worst, even for the first very small puncture the sealant could not do its job (there were enough, and not too old). These tires are great on dry road or dry forest path, but when things get wet and a little dirty they seems to not be resistant.

Perhaps I just had no luck, two punctures are not a great sample for statistics... but it seems those tires are more dedicated to race on dry surface and are not very versatile in term of weather condition. Yes I chose my tires without enough data, I'm a "beginner". Mistake !

Perhaps you could give me your own experience with those tires to confirm (or not) my own experience and point of view.

Also, if I'm right, I'm looking for an alternative. As a beginner, and as it's difficult to find objective data, I need some help. I search a tire...
  • A 40mm (or at least 35mm) / 28".
  • Tubeless.
  • Puncture resistant, for all weather conditions.
  • Road oriented. I chose a gravel for the position/comfort. I don't want to loose power due to big knobs on the tires, efficiency is important.
I understand there is a tradeoff between efficiency and puncture resistance, and I will probably loose some efficiency by changing actual my tires. No problem, I just try to give the overall idea. After that I'll have to deal with "reality".

Thanks for your upcoming help.
Sam.

Last edited by samonzeweb; 03-07-24 at 04:13 AM.