View Single Post
Old 03-07-24, 04:14 PM
Portlandjim

Bikes: 1946 Holdsworth Cyclone, 1969 Cinelli SC, 1972 Raleigh Pro, 1973 Merz road bike, 1974 Alex Singer Sportif, 1974 Merz track bike, 1975 Teledyne Titan, 1976 Ritchey road bike, 1977 DiNucci built Merz track bike, 1977 (?) Exxon Graftek, many more!

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 175 Posts
I just finished a total inspection, cleaning and regreasing the Merz RB057 bike. It really looks nice! More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/t8u5z2Be5RJNeAXH8

The measurements are: C-T seat tube is 58cm, top tube C-C is 57, stem is 11cm, BB center to ground is 275, chainstay 43cm. The bike has original paint and decals, Columbus SL tubing with no dents or other issues. All of the Campagnolo parts are original to the bike. All of them are NR except for the Super Record first version headset and a fairly rare Super Leggera seat post. The pedals are also SL and show no wear from shoe cleats. The pedal dust caps were both damaged where they screw in, so I replaced them with Merz aluminum reproductions. Binda Extra toes straps are original, they look sort of ragged but the function is unaffected. All the cables are original, I installed new reproduction brake lever hoods and new bar tape. I completely disassembled every component, cleaned and reassembled them with new grease. All of the Campy parts are virtually like new and they cleaned up nicely. The original wheels were completely disassembled, cleaned, reassembled with new 1.8/1.6/1.8mm DT spokes and new Specialized Hell of the North 28mm tubular tires. The 14-22 5 speed Zeus aluminum cog freewheel, original to the bike, looks barely used. The Regina Oro chain has the gold color faded, but it's in good condition. Original TA alloy cage and Silca pump. The very nice Brooks pro saddle was installed by the owner, I think it had a Cinelli leather covered saddle from new.

Likes For Portlandjim: