Old 03-11-24, 11:01 AM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Liked 1,363 Times in 694 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...sure he did, just not in this thread. I think I made that about as clear as I could. I could go back and find it for you if you want, but it was clearly stated to me by Atlas Shrugged . Calling him a no one will just further inflame his passion.
You seem to be approaching this with a "hammer looking for a nail" mindset, and you're completely off base. I purchased a steel bike last year because it was the best material for the specific use case I had in mind. I needed a touring/adventure bike as my Diverge wasn't well-suited for that purpose. At least twice a year, I embark on month-long self-supported rides in different locations. Steel emerged as the ideal material due to its ease of customization and durability when fully loaded.

This bike bears no resemblance to traditional steel bikes of the past. It features disc brakes, tubeless tires, a wide-ratio 2X drivetrain, 42mm tires, tig-welded 953 tubing, and numerous brazons, among other modern components, many of which are carbon. However, this doesn't diminish the value of my carbon bikes and the overall superiority of carbon for the majority of cycling applications.