Old 03-11-24, 11:03 AM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26472 Post(s)
Liked 10,427 Times in 7,241 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
You seem to be approaching this with a "hammer looking for a nail" mindset, and you're completely off base. I purchased a steel bike last year because it was the best material for the specific use case I had in mind. I needed a touring/adventure bike as my Diverge wasn't well-suited for that purpose. At least twice a year, I embark on month-long self-supported rides in different locations. Steel emerged as the ideal material due to its ease of customization and durability when fully loaded.

This bike bears no resemblance to traditional steel bikes of the past. It features disc brakes, tubeless tires, a wide-ratio 2X drivetrain, 42mm tires, tig-welded 953 tubing, and numerous brazons, among other modern components. However, this doesn't diminish the value of my carbon bikes and the overall superiority of carbon for the majority of cycling applications.
...that's great. I'm happy for you. Do you recall making the statement or not ? I'd like to know before I go to the considerable work of finding it, using the forum search engine.