View Single Post
Old 03-12-24, 01:15 PM
brennie 

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia (3Rensho), Mercian, Miyata TripleCross, Specialized StreetStomper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bulgie
Yes, some DIY-ers have "the right stuff" to figure this out on their own, but most don't. I wouldn't recommend trying it yourself unless you have a mentor to show you some stuff first, and/or inspect it after it's done. Torch safety, personal protective gear etc, how hot is hot enough, these are things an experienced person can show you in a half-hour or less, versus bashing your head against a wall of ignorance. Again, apologies if you're one of those who can just figure this stuff out for themselves (with Youtube), but be honest with yourself. Those people are rare; most who think they're "all that" really aren't.

If you're in Seattle you can swing by my place for a short introductory lesson and maybe just watch me braze your dropout.

BTW, I know I sound like a skipping record, but people asking for this type of advice really should include their town and what country they're in. Without that, we can't advise you on who to go to that's near you.

I appreciate the offer but I’m in Los Angeles.

Does anyone know of any framebuilders in So Cal? Thanks again everyone!