View Single Post
Old 03-13-24, 08:48 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Duragrouch
Hmm... wet glue might harm the glueless sticky, but doing standard op by letting the REMA glue dry... I don't know. When a glueless patch fails on me after months, there is a bubble "line" from the hole to one edge, like pressure just slowly worked its way to the edge, so failure of the sticky. The patch material seems to hold up.
I use to use Park Glueless patches for about 30 years, but then they stopped working about 4 years ago. I contacted Park thinking I got a bad batch, even though I bought another box, but they failed too. Park told me that the tube industry changed the composition of the tubes and now they're patches will not hold for more than few hours. Park used to last the life of the tube, now they don't so I switched back to Rema after all those years.

But I have a junk tube, so I'm going to try using Rema glue on a Park glueless and see what happens.