Old 03-14-24, 02:56 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4563 Post(s)
Liked 6,533 Times in 3,749 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs
I noticed but never stopped to look closely. Environmental rules require covering over surfaces getting rehabbed on ships and further down the Bay the Navy ships in the yards are covered in white canvas (actually probably a plastic covering now). I figured it was something like this where they’re doing paint scraping, etc under the cover or maybe just a longer term covering to save money and not have to paint up there as often.

Yes it was a very nice fixed gear.
We were there several years ago and the ships at the yard across the bay were wrapped in giant cling wrap for surveillance deterrent we were told.

There was a carrier there that was still wrapped up but was leaving, they left the wrap on until the night before they left at about 6 am.

This appears to be permanent, far bigger and taller to my eye.

Seems like it could be a target despite being decommissioned, one of our most important warships still sitting, docked across from a major base.

Seen from space it probably looks like its still in play, gets painted regularly, planes on deck, albeit ancient and regular crowds, activity.

Last edited by merziac; 03-14-24 at 03:28 PM.