View Single Post
Old 03-16-24, 07:39 AM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2752 Post(s)
Liked 3,412 Times in 2,065 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
Though I won't condone a personal attack, I will say that is not how freedom of speech works. In fact, this is not really a public forum, it is owned by an entity, and as such they have rules. Meaning, you really cannot say anything you want to say. If it truly were a public forum, and the rules of freedom of speech applied, then a personal attack would also have to be permitted.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I think you are bored, and opened the thread because you wanted to start an argument here. It is what you do. Nothing you have written makes any sense in the real world of racing, in any type of racing.
More accurately (in the USA) free speech isn't so much about where you do it, but who is restricting it.

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.