Old 03-16-24, 01:13 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked 5,111 Times in 1,806 Posts

Back messing with this a bit this morning. I got new bearings in the front of the Velomax wheels so I could use them on this. The rear has had the rim replaced with a Velocity rim so I need to desticker them to make things match better. Mounted on some brand new Veloflex Corsa 700 x 25 tires on the rims. They mounted quite easily on both rims which was a pleasant surprise. I've got a used 600 Tricolor groupset coming in the mail today that has ST-7400 STI shifter with it also. If the shifters, calipers, and FD are in good shape that may be were I take this one. I am sorely tempted though to get a new R7000 groupset and mount that. The more I look at this the more I dig the idea of black parts against the bright orange frame.

The new wheel setup dropped a couple of ozs off this one. I took the bike out as it was last Sunday and liked the ride. That brown leather looking bar tape was super slick under my gloves though and I wound up going gloveless so I could keep my grip. I have sourced new grommets for where the rear brake housing goes into the top tube. The grommet on top is torn.