Old 03-16-24, 04:18 PM
NVFlinch 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 105 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by barryj75225
Thank you.
The frame size serial number 60 matches the seat tube. Whats the other number measure?
B^)
Probably Seat tube x Top tube lengths. My '83 Centurion/Cinelli has "58" stamped, yet the top tube is 56.5 cm CC, and seat tube is 58 cm . It's common to see the top tube shorter than the stamped size, especially in Italian frames. Your fork is the internal lugged model, same as on the SC, which if I remember correctly, was designed by the Chirico shop. (someone check my poor memory here...). Thus yours is not an '85 Centurion Equipe, as those had external lugged forks.

Do the seat stays at the top have any logo or letters? If a Lotus CInelli ('86 & '87)then it will most likely have "Lotus". By the way, Centurion/Cinelli frames ('83-85) were made in the Cinelli supervised Chirico shop near Milan. I suspect the the Lotus frames might have been as well. This is a quote from the guy who arranged for the Centurion/Cinelli frame production (Goldsmith is Alan Goldsmith, a Centurion manager): "The frame was designed by Goldsmith and built in the Chirico
family shop in Bussero on the outskirts of Milan after design details were discussed among Goldsmith, Andrea Cinelli and Chirico and revisions were made. The Chirico shop also built Super Corsas for Cinelli (the company)."

So some SCs were built by Chirico, and senior Chirico's son worked for both CInelli and the Chirico shop as framebuilder.

More than you wanted tho know!