View Single Post
Old 03-17-24, 11:43 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10601 Post(s)
Liked 12,207 Times in 6,256 Posts
Speaking again of old cars, this morning FB marketplace presented me with a couple real bargains! Both from around 1971. The first was a Lotus Elan +2, for only $2900, marked down from $4800. The second was a Citroen SM, that beautiful coupe with the Maserati V6 - which was prone to broken timing chains - and the Citroen hydraulic suspension/brake system - which is prone to all manner of problems. Only $6000! Hadn't been driven in 15 years, but apparently it had been driven to the spot where it lay moldering since.then. Leather interior completely shot. Big fissures in the sweeping foam padded dash.

When I looked through the pictures of each, I figured either one would be perfect for a total "Ship Of Theseus" restoration, where it's the same car even though every single bit has to be replaced.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles