Old 03-18-24, 06:05 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3483 Post(s)
Liked 1,481 Times in 1,156 Posts
Originally Posted by dreamy
My worst experience was not with an airline but TSA in the US. They ripped my carefully packaged bike box open and of course didn't make any effort to repack it properly, so just shoved it all back in with half the bike sticking out and a few bits of tape and TSA stickers holding it together. When I went to complain and ask how to claim compensation if anything was damaged they laughed and gave me a piece of paper that basically said that under some terrorism act they can pretty much do whatever they like to luggage, with no recourse
Write a letter to your congressman. They get flooded with e-mails because computers can easily generate them. Letters have to go through screening first (do not include white powder), so letters are not handled quickly either, but probability is high someone will actually read it.