Old 03-18-24, 01:37 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26481 Post(s)
Liked 10,448 Times in 7,248 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
My interpretation is that smd4's opinion of "comfort" is not necessarily which tire setup is a smoother, more vibration-absorbing ride, but rather the one he is most familiar with, on the bike(s) he rides, and a change to that familiar feeling isn't comforting.
...the frame, the material it's made from, the dimensions and geometry of it, the wheels, the riding surface, all come together in whether or not a bicycle feels "comfortable" while riding it. YOu've made some concessions to comfort, whether you realize it or not, in your choices in that regard. But I know you feel like we all ought to be able to do what works for us.

What I can't understand is the constant chatter that seems to indicate otherwise. I know no one from the current CF is better, tires need to be wider believes I could be happy on steel, riding 700x25's at 130#. But it's only important to my happiness that I believe it. "Smoother, more vibration-absorbing ride" are pretty relative terms. They get tossed around all the time here. All bicycles are a compromise between "smoother" and "more efficient", even the older steel ones. It's just the way it is.
Likes For 3alarmer: