View Single Post
Old 03-18-24, 02:55 PM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
Posting in this thread because I've got some work to do. I'm a fairly tall 6'2" guy that's naturally muscle-y and was sitting at 192 and 9.2% BF last summer. I wanted to do some 'cross racing for the fall so I started working some running into my program and then promptly injured my Achilles. I got that under control by October with some intensive PT, and then tweaked my back picking my daughter up out of the tub one night the week before Thanksgiving. The back thing was thankfully just a muscle pull but man it took a while to feel better and riding has suffered as a result. The Holidays hit me hard with a lot of sweets, alcohol and limited exercise because of the back thing and I, um, managed to put on some pounds.

Bottom line, I was 209 (body fat unknown, not sure I want to know) this morning and that's got to change. Hilariously, my power numbers are better than they've ever been, just set a record 8 minute power last Thursday. I do my intervals on a gradual incline near my house though and I cover significantly less distance than before injury, despite putting out more power.

The plan is more veggies, less sugar, no alcohol, no sugar sweetened beverages, 3 meals and 2 snacks with protein per day. We'll see how it goes.
Likes For Phatman: