Old 03-19-24, 10:40 AM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked 2,047 Times in 1,157 Posts
Originally Posted by EddyR
t2P
let me start by saying I know bikes well as I sold over 700 road bikes as a flipper. I stopped 7 years ago when selling my home. I had never come across any paramount in my size. I saw this one in my size but it was going to be a long drive to get it but it looked very clean. I met this guy who was a flipper who sold bikes as he found them. I checked the frame for crash damage and it was ok and it looked like a typical bike that had sat for 20+ years. I changed the tires ,chain and the corncob cassette. I was polishing the frame when I found this hair line crack. Someone had painted it and smeared crime over it. This is very typical when bike is put in bike stand and held by top tube. Did the original owner or the flipper do it. I rode it for a few hundred miles and liked the bike so I tore it down and looked for someone to repair it. Took a long time but I found this guy who said yes and I can do it now if you want. He was quick and did a good job. I have ridden it about 250 miles since the repair . Can’t do very fancy paint repair in bed room ! It is not in a spot that show up or noticed.
700 bikes … wow - I sold 7 in one year and I thought I was doing well …

what size is your bike ?

I keep an eye open for the PDG road bikes in the smaller (est) sizes - and I have not run across one (but not a dedicated search) … but do have some small PDG MTBs though

yeah top tube should never be clamped - cringe when I see that

Last edited by t2p; 03-19-24 at 10:45 AM.