LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11479 Post(s)
Liked 4,883 Times in 2,825 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
New Escape 3.0l has a misfire and is throwing codes P0202 and P0302. 202 is a cylinder 2 injector circuit specific fault where 302 is a general cylinder 2 misfire.

My buddy seems to think it might not actually be a bad injector and may be a bad ignition coil or plug causing a different fault, but I wanted to ask the hive-mind here.

I don't know if the plugs have been replaced, it's at 118k and scheduled replacement is 90k. This afternoon I'm planning on popping the intake manifold off and poking around & checking connections & plugs. I have an injector and plugs and may pick up a coil just in case. Any thoughts on even messing around with the coil pack when it seems the 202 specifically indicates an injector issue?
P0202 is an injector circuit fault, so chasing that by installing a coil won't help that fault. Of course, that's on the back bank, middle, so likely the most difficult of all to get to. For the layman, a wiggle test on the connector itself, if it's possible to get to. A tech worth anything would use an oscilloscope and a current probe, pull the injector fuse, install a fused jumper, and get a pattern.