Old 03-20-24, 09:18 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4435 Post(s)
Liked 3,064 Times in 1,894 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
What's your take from the study? Are you convinced that only eating for 8 hours a day increases risk of heart attack by 91%? Who funded the study? The processed food industry to convince you to eat 24 hours a day? This particular study is ridiculous. How can any correlation be attained without even knowing what foods were consumed during the feeding window?

Why is it that the time period they ate in caused heart disease, rather than the food they ate in that time period? Increased by 91% compared to what group, the general population? Possibly the average population had a healthier diet than this group. Too many questions unanswered for this study to have any value beyond click bate considering how popular IM fasting is becoming.
I'm repeating myself, but all such studies have *limited* value, and going directly to "no value beyond clickbait" heads us to a situation in which all epidemiological work becomes the subject of partisan rancor, rather than an incremental step towards better understanding. To be frank, I don't want to live in the world you are encouraging, whether you know it or not.
Likes For MinnMan: