View Single Post
Old 03-23-24, 03:56 PM
VintageSteelEU

Bikes: Motobecane C41, Matsu$hita Nashonaru

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 439 Times in 255 Posts
Derailleur decision has been made. Moto C5 will be getting Suntour Superbe derailleurs (late 70's version) as it was the best derailleur on the market when the frame was manufactured. Thus it shall become the one and only (well, probably not) Motobecane Superbe. I wanted to keep it all French, but I think getting a bicycle with a nice Columbus SL frame and nice and well working components will give me more fun riding it. I thought for a moment about getting Simplex 6600, then saw the price, thought about potential problems getting it to work in a standard dropout and that combo was just a no go. Other option, Huret Jubilee, though can be found in a Campy-style dropout version, ain't exaclty cheap either. So, if I have a perfectly capable derailleur from the era, I think it's best to make use of it.
Weight weenie B Carre / Superator is getting Suntour Cyclone MK1. I just ordered a set, which doesn't look like much, so there will be some cleaning and overhauling. Here's hoping they are in good mechanical condition. For now I dug out two rear Cyclone derailleurs to see whether I can make the cable anchor bolt work and it seems with a spring washer this might be an option. Now more digging to figure out where I've stashed away spare Suntour pulley wheels.

Likes For VintageSteelEU: