View Single Post
Old 03-23-24, 09:10 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5974 Post(s)
Liked 2,883 Times in 1,604 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
What are you going to do with the information? You've warned the OP off from reaming..
Sorry, I never did that. In fact, I gave the OP too much credit and assumed that the frame was prepped and whatever might be wrong, happened before he got it.

I still don't know whether it's ever been reamed or not. If not ---- determined by gauge ---- then the tube should be checked for roundness and corrected, if necessary, before reaming.

As for what I'd do with the info if the OP gauges the tube ----absolutely nothing, and let the OP use that info any way he wants.

In any case, I don't post here to be right or wrong, or smarter than you or anyone else. I post to help folks solve a problem. What they choose to do with that info is up to them.

In this case, and at this point, my advice to the OP is to let someone do the necessary measurement, then take their advice.

Last edited by FBinNY; 03-24-24 at 01:04 PM.