Old 03-24-24, 10:18 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked 5,107 Times in 1,806 Posts
Well, because of this...

...I'm back inside working on bike stuff. This morning I attacked the gooey residue on the handlebars and have those as good as new, almost.

Then I destickered those Velomax wheels so they match better and put on the new SRAM 12-26T 9 speed cassette.

Next up came removing those tore up decals on the top tube. A little Acetone took off the color after heat didn't really do anything. Then a lot of time spent trying to get the glue residue off. That stuff is tough and I've still got more to tackle there. One thing I can say is Goo Gone was reliable as always. Reliable in terms of it does absolutely nothing. I've yet to find an application where Goo Gone actual works.

It does look so much better with the top tube cleaned up. Next I've got to see it the orange paint I have is a close match or can be mixed with other colors to match. I was going to build this one today but realized I had 4 cups of coffee this morning. I need to build when not hopped up on caffeine in case I run into troubles, LOL!