Old 03-24-24, 03:36 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4490 Post(s)
Liked 4,961 Times in 3,067 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata

I have had quartz watches, even the Casio G Shock watch, and they ALL failed after about 3 to 5 years, meanwhile my automatic watches keep ticking year after year. I'll never buy another quartz watch. Not sure why quartz watches don't last long with me, but they just stop, thinking the battery is dead, go in and replace it and it will run, but by the time the 2nd or 3rd battery dies, they won't restart with a new battery.

I have several mechanical and quartz watches. My oldest quartz is a 1999 Omega Speedmaster Pro X-33 and that is still working perfectly - obviously needs battery replacements every few years. I also have a solar powered G-shock that is around 15 years old and still going strong. My mechanical watches have been reliable too, but they are pretty crap at actually keeping accurate time!

My dad bought a Seiko quartz watch sometime in the early 80s. It was still going strong in 1999 when he died. The cheap quartz watches I had in the 80s all died within a few years like yours.