View Single Post
Old 03-27-24, 08:03 PM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3286 Post(s)
Liked 1,900 Times in 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Ugh. More bad news. So in May I knew I was going to bus school. Most training with my airline takes place in Texas. The bus school one has the option of doing it in Charlotte or Texas. This was a huge reason why I picked the Bus, so that I could do training in Charlotte. 4 hour drive vs 19 hour drive.

Well got my training schedule today and much to my dismay I am in Texas. Worse, my schedule makes it pretty much impossible to go home, so I will be down there for a month. I tried putting my foot down but quickly learned that means nothing. Lily is really upset, and honestly I felt sick to my stomach.

I was really looking forward to doing some crits in Charlotte as well as riding with some people I met last summer.

Told Lily that I will have to drive it. A. I get super stressed out on training and don’t need to be relying on other people to get me where I need to go. B. I’m not not having a bike for that long. C. Honestly have no idea how I would pack for 30 days, and I don’t have a bike case. Ritchey isn’t set up for travel currently.
Coming out of basic flight school, in 1943 or 44, my dad was asked if he wanted to fly single or multi engine. He chose multi because there was a fighter he wanted to fly. They gave him the B26 bomber.