Old 03-28-24, 08:36 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10306 Post(s)
Liked 5,277 Times in 2,257 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
My parents aren't quite that bad, for example she will change diapers. I kind lashed out at my mom slightly when she was visiting last weekend while Liz was out on her overnight trip. Of course, my mom was critical of the situation, and "would never have done such a thing" and loves to comment on how she never left me until I was 8.

Each time Lilly would fuss slightly, she would find something else to be critical about. Eventually I got fed up and I told her that I needed her to stop being so critical and start being more helpful, and that everyone else was more helpful, especially my in laws (SIL, MIL etc). She immediately started helping me.

Important to note, I have a great relationship with my parents and there was only a slight tinge of frustration in my tone, really not that mad about it. I don't expect much to change long term and I'm fine with that.

I have a good relationship with my parents as well. I know I came off as kind of harsh, my mom has a habit of causing tension between me and Lily. I think I have said this before but I am basically Raymond from Everybody Loves Raymond.

My mom can be very opinionated and she has a way of making you feel guilty. Compound that with my job when I am gone half a week, my mom doesn’t get it. My mom and dad both had to work, and I know my mom would have loved to not work and raise her kids. So, I think, my mom sees that Lily doesn’t have to work and that Lily must have it soool easy, my mom fails to realize that Lily has to do it all on her own.

Not only does Lily take care of the kids, but she manages the house. She pays the bills, does the budget, arranges play dates, signs the kids up for activities, cleans the house, makes the food from scratch etc. I just go to work, and pick up the slack when I am home. Half the time I don’t even know what day of the week it is.

We are both getting tired of Holidays and Birthdays. Lily and I want a year where we don’t celebrate a single one. Every week it’s something.
Likes For bampilot06: