Old 03-28-24, 12:06 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5022 Post(s)
Liked 8,212 Times in 3,882 Posts
Originally Posted by squachie
For one, $1200 is what it cost me to build, I would not own a Sora equipped bike either, as far as thinking disc brakes are better, I do not agree. The main thing I love about disc brakes is when a customer brings it to me to repair the system putting money in my pocket. If you can build a bike this nice for my asking price of $600 you are probably a thief dealing in stolen bike parts..Lol. These parts were chosen because I wanted a fast and durable machine. with balance and symmetry in colors, components and finishes, hench the Shimano, Ritchey blend, road bike gearing for speed, carbon where it counts, replaceable steel chainrings Because they are more durable and longer lasting than higher end cranksets with alloy rings. The Silver crankset and rear mech is a perfect blend for the graphics as are the pedals. The stem was a beautiful pairing with and inverted graphic to the striped graphics on the frame and Ritchey branded as the barends, bottle cage, seatpost, and bars. The high density Contour foam lock-on grips are the finest you can buy and work together wonderfully to aid in damping with the carbon bars. The SR Yak saddles are one of the best in its price catagory with fine stitched leather, edge protection fabric with high durometer foam padding that feels like a saddle with much more padding yet sleek, light and durable. The plus is everything on the bike is new.
The tourney lineup you refer to also does not compare to Shimano's unbranded 23/2400 line. It was purpose build for durability all the while being cost effective. It runs out with the feel of much higher end components. Go out today and buy a $600 sport hybrid today and you will be buying lower geared, resin pedals, zero carbon fiber, Tourney or microshift components. Feel free to post up a better, nicer looking, better equipped sport hybrid in this kind of concourse condition anywhere. I would love to see it.
I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure your "Ritchey" CF parts aren't genuine Ritchey products.

This is one of my favorite examples of a "hybrid", but it's in a very different price category...