Old 03-28-24, 10:06 PM
PromptCritical 

Bikes: Paramount Track Bike, Colnago Super, Santana Tandems (1995 & 2007), Gary Fisher Piranha, Trek Wahoo, Bianchi Track Bike, a couple of Honda mountain bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by GCBM
I couldn't seem to find the right thread for these but I'm hoping someone can redirect me or provide some info. I'm North of L.A. so that is my area of beginning search. I just reacquired a set of wooden rollers that I rode in the 80's and they need restoration on the wood rollers themselves. They have some splits and seem to have "shrunk" a bit as the bands at the ends need some shimming. My question is, anyone know of resources for proper restoration of these? I already have a source for the leather treadle strap. But I'd like to ride them again so I want to properly fill cracks and address the rollers surface in whatever fashion is best. Since I intend to ride them again I'm not sure if there is a specific type of fill to use for the rollers and whether leaving the wood bare or lacquer, polyurethane or the like is best.

Those are seriously cool. I would ask the local, hardwood supply store (Rocklears if there is one near you) if they know any retired craftsmen that are into restoration of vintage wood furniture or tools.