Old 03-29-24, 01:50 PM
sced
South Carolina Ed

Bikes: Holdsworth custom, Macario Pro, Ciocc San Cristobal, Viner Nemo, Cyfac Le Mythique, Giant TCR, Tommasso Mondial, Cyfac Etoile

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked 293 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by tNuvolari

3). Thanks for all the gear calc and options on Miche, etc. Miche does have some nice choices and at good prices. Do they work ok with Campy index shifting? I have researched the gear charts and while very helpful, they don't give a subjective account of what the difference feels like when actually riding. Of course, subjective is.... well, subjective so I realize nothing will substitute for actually buying and trying something new. This thread is just to get some info on what people with much more experience than I have can impart.
!
Below is a recent pic of my Cyfac with 2008 Record 10. A couple of years ago I replaced the Record chainrings and cassette with Miche parts from BikeInn that work just fine. The largest cog now at back is a 29 (max per Campag spec), up 3 from the previous 26. In my post above I said I also used a RoadLink clone but just checked - not true. To determine what you can get away with on your bike find out what the max recommended cog size and chain wrap are for your rear derailleur / rd (see Campag docs / Velobase / Mechanics subforum). Adding a RoadLink (clone - see Ebay) will increase upper rd pully clearance and maybe wrap by a tooth or two over Campag spec.

Last edited by sced; 03-29-24 at 01:55 PM.