View Single Post
Old 03-29-24, 10:38 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by Sentinel1
The X11s little brother enters the chat. Say hello to the X9. The 406 wheeled folder to rule that size. The BLUE STREAK..
Well that does mean you can do a good comparo regarding the tire size, with same model tires!

Too much bling for me. Just me, not knocking it. A chosen style of one's bikes is a very intimate and personal life decision, and all should be free to select what pleases them. I'm a fan of the high-mount, straight, slightly sloped main tube on a folder, it just looks right to me, though it's very utilitarian, later in life I've come to appreciate Industrial Modern functional looks. My first good bike in my teens that I stripped, painted, and assembled from discarded parts, I painted sapphire metalflake with gold trim around the lugs, gold anodized pedals. My old road race bike, first good new bike in my late 20s, sporty, red, that one did it for me in style. That's when I became a serious biker, long distances. Always kept meticulously clean and maintained. But these days I prefer more low-key, not attracting attention, so monochrome slate blue frame. And very utilitarian, it's racked and panniered to the max, as a townie. Heavy.

Last edited by Duragrouch; 03-29-24 at 10:43 PM.