Old 03-30-24, 12:10 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2394 Post(s)
Liked 2,951 Times in 1,611 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
Why is it so hard for you old guys to understand that some of us aren’t riding for comfort, but actually enjoy the feel of the road?
1) tannus tire won't give you a feel for the road,
2) my knees and birthday say i am old, my mind doesn't....could be fooling my self

3) Feel for the road is critical, but does not have to mean rough ride.....I get great feel with 32mm Rene herese tires, light butyl tubes or tubies IME good tires and light tubes at correct pressure for weight give best of all.

4) heavy tires and tubes can completely destroy a bikes ride to the point of taking joy out of it
Case in point, when I got my 84 team miyata it had some sort of 25mm bontrager tire, heavy, stiff sidewalls and super thick heavy duty tubes on good wheels (dura ace, double butted spokes, MA40 rims)....rode with no life at all.
same bike with 28mm gravel kings and conti race lite tubes is a superb ride and even better is putting a set of light wheels (sanshin hubs, double butted spokes, mavic gel330 rims and 25mm challenge tubies at 120 and the bikes just wants to go fast

I really think the OP can go so far to avoid punctures that the Joy de Cycle can be destroyed

Likes For squirtdad: