Old 03-30-24, 02:40 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1583 Post(s)
Liked 1,210 Times in 613 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadWearier
Geez I just asked for a few models of sporty bikes. Turns into people arguing about components. And then an insult or two thrown my way by some guy I never even responded to whose trying to pawn off a bike he doesn't want on me. Lol. This is called "the dark side" of BF. And I like my Cadent quite a bit. Just went on a 16 mile ride and averaged 15.7 mph one way which is faster than I had ridden on any of the road bikes I owned. I thought I'd be lucky to average 12mph. Mind you this was not me "trying to be fast". It was just a fun ride with moderate exertion. This isn't a brag at all just a reference point. The bike is about 23 pounds with a kickstand (yes, a kickstand) and pedals so not bad for a bike I paid $165 for. I still am going to look for something a little sportier. Maybe something like an FX 7.4 or better.

​​​​​​I guess I'll ask again: Anyone have or recommend a bike like a Trek FX 7.4 that they have been impressed with?
I'll preface this by saying: no snark intended. Clear?!

Part of the problem is that you've been all over the map with your threads/requests. Compounding this is the fact that, at least to this point, you appear to be looking for used bikes at low prices.

That said, from your recent posts you appear to be looking for something like a quick, flat-bar road bike (a variant on the 'hybrid' theme of which there are quite a few examples. That is what I ride (Specialized Sirrus), and have done for years.

If that characterization is correct, then I would suggest looking at (or out for) the following: Giant Fastroad; Trek FX (the higher-level ones); Specialized Sirrus; and similar. Another option would be something like Canyon's Roadlite series (online/direct purchase only) -- those are about as 'sporty' as this (my) kind of bike gets. Take a look at the manufacturer's websites; see what might interest you.

Might it be worth considering buying new? You appear to have spent an awful lot of time/gas money etc. looking at, buying, and trying various used options. Just a thought!