View Single Post
Old 03-30-24, 09:43 PM
Sentinel1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Duragrouch
BB height: In what way? (not challenging your statement, just asking). If I recall, a generally low BB means a bit more stable, but a higher BB allows better pedal clearance if powering through turns. In terms of power, I would think the most important thing is relationship of the BB to the seat, both vertical, and fore/aft, the latter of which may be more limited based on the particular frame geometry. IIRC, 32cm BB height sounds high. Do tell, thanks.

EDIT: Ah, if Tern uses the same frame for 406 and 451, that would explain the higher BB.

If you're only talking about 3cm higher rider so less optimum aerodynamics, I think matters on a time-trial bike, but on a rec bike, that's fly specks in pepper. But again, do tell, thanks.
He doesn't know what he is saying PERIOD. What he was trying to do is say a 23lb X11 isnt a fast or EFFICIENT. As a fully specked 16lb Carbon road bike like a Pinarello. For what the X11 is. It's as fast as it gets. Any folder that goes over 20mph is fast. Any that can go over 25mph is very fast.

And the premium Tern verges

X10
X11
X18
X20
X30

Are all capable of breaking 25mph on the flat. The X11 and X30 can break 30mph. If the rider is fit and strong.