View Single Post
Old 03-30-24, 11:13 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked 537 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Strawbunyan
ill try to rig something up..i may have to use a tree or 2 LOL. I had the bike upside down in my livingroom
If you have a garage or other work area, what used to be expensive bike or kayak lifts, are like $8 at harbor freight or maybe amazon. Pulleys screwed into ceiling joist, two hooks for handlebars and seat (careful, do not lift by seat platform, easily ripped off, hook around seat rails or a noose around seatpost below seat).

I am not allowed to do such in my rented room. I have a skinny table, sitting height, 5' long x 18" wide, against wall; My bike is stored on it upright, leaning against the wall, I'm short on floor space (and I tie a taut line (trucker's hitch) between front wheel and seat tube to keep wheel from cocking, and throw a cam buckle strap over the top tube to secure, in case of earthquake). To service bike, I invert the bike on same table. Because the aero bars are high in the center, I need to use a small but stiff open-top double-wall cardboard box, like from a flat of yellow mangos, to rest the inverted flat handlebar on, for stability.
Likes For Duragrouch: