View Single Post
Old 03-31-24, 02:22 AM
BMC_Kid 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi1

Soul Red Crystal.Metallic. My 2019 MX-5 RF GT-S is that color. It's the best color that Nazda has come up with in years. I had to pay something like 500 bucks extra for this special paint as it was offered as an option for the car. It's supposed to be a 3 stage paint that's needs a skilled painter to put on correctly so it has that deep red look thst changes with the light.
People like it so much that some owners of exotic cars like Lambos repaint their cars with this Mazda piont color.
I was hoping my MX-5's color matched the paint on my Davidson Signature (Pictured with the car.), but the Davidson's Imron paint is a darker red. I call it Oxblood Red.....
Beautiful bike, gorgeous car, and yes, it is a multi-stage paint, basically a candy paint. My painter assured me that he could replicate this stunning finish, so it will be interesting to see how close it is to the real thing. From the photos he sent me, it's looking like he got it very close but I'll have to do something like you did and stand it next to a similarly painted Mazda.

Last edited by BMC_Kid; 04-01-24 at 03:12 AM.