View Single Post
Old 03-31-24, 07:33 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 2,830 Times in 539 Posts
darkmoon good to see you out on your Merckx as we start what the Belgian's call 'Holy week', the week book-ended by Tour of.Flanders today (which Eddy won twice) and Paris Roubaix next weekend (which Eddy won 3 times).They are also my.favoirite 1 day races of the year, so I had to take a Merckx out today too and reunite it with some cobbles.

My 30c tyres make them easier than the teeth chattering 23c or even 21c tyres of yore.

I decided to head towards Greenwich, where of course time is measured from. The clocks change and go forward an hour this weekend so we lose an hour, but after the weather we've been having in the UK recently this at least guarantees 1 less hour of rain.

Greenwich also has a long naval history, and nearby there is this nice bit of brickwork paying homage to the areas naval past, some of you salty old sea dogs will know the name of this knot....

And in the grounds of the naval college I notice this statue covered in white tape. I've.no idea what the tape is all about, whether part of an exhibition or some kind of protest.

i schlep up to the Greenwich observatory, but there was not much to observe, no golden chinese desert sand obscuring my.view,, just grey rainclouds...

...but there was a rather lovely C&V sight at the top that made the climb worthwhile, a beautiful old Ferrari Dino GT, such a pretty car. The more modern Ferrari next to it would smoke it on.road or track, but in terms of beauty and which one I'd take home the Dino wins easily.

I then head out to the Thamss barrier before turning and heading back.towards the city.

I.come acress this shopping trolley watering hole, or graveyard, not sure which but there's 4 of them lurking in this pic.

Back home now and settled down for some Tour of Flanders highlights, who has the strongest.legs today.....