Old 03-31-24, 03:45 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9677 Post(s)
Liked 6,390 Times in 3,513 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
As long as all the same wires went into the same terminals, which is what a camera on your phone is for, then I'd look at the GFI. Make sure the buttons are properly pressed, and more importantly, make sure there isn't another one on the same circuit that may have tripped.

You edited too quickly. I now bet on another gfi in the same circuit.
Thats what I thought, but if it is I can’t find it. The line to the patio was added when we did the built in BBQ 15 years ago. The electrician that did it tapped into the master bedroom circuit since it’s on the other side of the exterior wall. It has no GFCI outlets, and the circuit includes all the outlets and the ceiling light. The master bath in on, and the one GFCI in that circuit is not tripped.

This picture is the BBQ island. The original outlet is on the right side by the white stool and trash can.

The new grill requires an electrical outlet, so I need to move it from the right side to the new box shown. The original GFCI is being replaced with a conventional outlet that will be protected by the relocated GFCI (wired from the load side of the GFCI). The Nomex coming out of the wall was tapped into the bedroom circuit when the island was built. I tested the Nomex coming out of the house, and no power.