View Single Post
Old 04-01-24, 03:37 PM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1180 Post(s)
Liked 2,074 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by machinist42
Eisentraut, Gordon, Merz, Lyon, Columbine, Strawberry, Ritchey, Serota, Waterford, Confente, Huffy, Masi, Della Santa, Fattic, McLean, etc.
Exactly.
My.
Point.

I geek out on the unusual.

Last week I really got this local wine guy wound up when telling me about his trip to Spain, . . . "all the wonderful cabs," he drank.

I was thinking out loud and not trying to hurt his feelings, but I said, "in Spain, why not try all the Spanish varietals, especially the ones we have so little access to."

He was butt-hurt to the maximum. Hey, it's his vacation or junket, sounds like he had a great time. If cabs are what float his boat, by all means, rock out with your cab out.

Back to a Japanese bike show/ride. I think bringing this bike would be nothing they haven't seen. Perhaps I bring something a lil more esoteric.

Huffy is really the best answer.

As far as the ride, I was trying to convey geometry and my own sense of balance so I used the two, one, no hands analogy.

I'll try to think of another way to describe the balance and ride without others showing concern on my wheel dish, etc.

Like I was saying, the ride was enjoyable and I did not feel fatigued the least. It wasn't the longest of rides, and there were sliders, beer, tots and beer stops.

Can't wait to do it again.