Old 04-05-24, 08:44 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 2,493 Times in 1,464 Posts
For years, I traveled extensively, internationally, for work. I booked hotels that featured gyms. When flying from DC to Hong Kong, I would drink a lot of water, no booze and eat light. Arriving, I would go to the gym, workout and get a massage. This helped my acclimation to the new time zone.

Today, I find that all the hotels I stay in have gyms of some kind. And they vary a lot from the kind of equipment that they offer but many times it is making lemonade out of lemons.

During covid, gyms were closed. I purchased a few bands of different strengths and did band workouts at home. Completely different in some ways to the gym that featured machines and free weights but it kept me in the game. Bulgarian split squats with no weight can be quite challenging and great for a cyclist and done at home or in a hotel room.

IMO, it is all about mental attitude and focus. I want to workout and I will not let traveling stop me. Google YouTube for band workouts and carry a couple of bands with you when traveling. Focus on the smaller muscle groups in the shoulders and glutes. Do not think about what you are NOT able to do. YMMV.
Likes For Hermes: